Olive oil has become a key element in the Mediterranean diet. Thanks to its incredible properties, the life expectancy of countries like Spain, Italy or Greece is among the highest in the world…
So much so that, in recent years, multiple studies have been carried out to demonstrate the importance of EVOO in the health of those who consume it.
Some of the benefits of consuming extra virgin olive oil are:
1. Reduces cholesterol and improves the health of the cardiovascular system: Many of the beneficial properties of olive oil come directly from oleic acid.
The main benefit of consuming oleic acid is its protective action on the cardiovascular system through two mechanisms: on the one hand, it helps to reduce blood pressure and, on the other hand, it helps to reduce bad cholesterol (known as LDL cholesterol) and to increase good cholesterol (known as LDL cholesterol). HDL).
2. Helps you lose weight: Extra virgin olive oil can be a great ally for losing weight thanks to its high content of healthy fats that can help burn calories.
This is possible thanks to a substance in oleylethanolamide oil, which provides a satiating effect on meals. Likewise, it is ideal to help speed up metabolism and eliminate unhealthy fats. Its properties favour intestinal transit, favouring digestion and fighting constipation.
Therefore, many nutrition experts always recommend a good diet that includes EVOO for losing body weight.
3. Helps in cancer prevention: Thanks to the properties of extra virgin olive oil and its high percentage of oleic acid (base of EVOO), we can prevent some types of cancer.
There are certain cancers related to fat consumption, such as breast or prostate cancer. That is why scientific studies have shown that EVOO acts as a protector, reducing the chances of suffering from any type of cancer between 10% and 25%.
4. Acts as a natural anti-inflammatory: Extra virgin olive oil has numerous nutrients, highlighting the polyphenols that act as a natural anti-inflammatory, reducing different types of pain within our digestive system.
5. Protection against diabetes: Numerous studies have shown that the consumption of a diet rich in extra virgin olive oil is capable of reducing the risk of type II diabetes by almost 50%. This is possible because healthy fats help maintain and stabilize blood sugar levels, as well as insulin.
6. It is a natural antioxidant: Thanks to its abundant content of vitamin E, EVOO is a great protector against cellular oxidative stress.
7. It has antibacterial properties: EVOO has multiple essential antibacterial properties to eliminate different strains that can cause stomach cancer and ulcers, such as Helicobacter pylori strains.
With the intake of a few grams of extra virgin olive oil, we can reduce the infection in just 2 weeks, thus improving our immune system.
8. Increases the pH: Extra virgin olive oil improves the health of our digestive system by reducing excess acids in our stomach and increasing the absorption of calcium and magnesium, causing an increase in pH.
9. Prevents Alzheimer’s: Although not 100% proven, extra virgin olive oil could eliminate beta-amyloid plaques, neuronal plaques whose accumulation causes the development of Alzheimer’s.
At the moment it has only been tested on mice, so its confirmation would be great news and a determining factor in the prevention of mental illness.
10. Take care of hair health: We have already named some of the beneficial properties of consuming EVOO for healthy fats and for its nutrients.
However, its intake in diets not only favours us, but it also helps us in the care and maintenance of capillary health, which is why it has been included in numerous products.
11. Beneficial for the skin: In addition to capillary health, the application of EVOO has multiple benefits in skin care. It nourishes the skin thanks to its moisturizing and nourishing properties, helps to slow down aging due to its high content of vitamins E and K and accelerates the recovery of damaged tissues.
As you have been able to read, the benefits of olive oil are multiple, being considered a “superfood”.
From Aceites Morales we recommend you regularly consume EVOO.
Access our online store and choose your ideal variety and format: https://aceitesmorales.com/tienda/?swcfpc=1
Fábrica de Aceites Morales